Minecraft was initially a Java game but was later purchased by Microsoft. The java game is still working; however, since the Minecraft is a very popular game title that uses it as a UWP app is an incredible way of promoting these apps types.
When choosing which type is excellent for you can be a very difficult task, but we will make it very easy for you.
This article will discuss the pros and cons of these two versions and help you choose which game is best for you.
The Minecraft Java Edition (previously known as Minecraft) is the original version of Minecraft, a cross-platform multiplayer developed by Mojang Studios for Windows, macOS, and Linux.
Minecraft Java Pros
- Give you a chance to be very creative – Minecraft Java has many modes in which some needs your creativity. It also has very good pixel arts and incredible cities.
- Mode – Minecraft Java has numerous modes since it was the initial one. The modes add excellent dimensions and some, even stories, and has missions for the players to finish.
- Multiplayer – It has numerous servers that include; A server for a plot to build on, To play mini-games, Free to run a server for yourself.
- Good interactivity with the users – The game has an excellent development team that pays attention to what the users have to say.
- Working – It is perfect in such a way that it operates very smoothly.
Minecraft Java Cons
- Poor optimization – Minecraft java edition has a poor optimization due to many modes that cause the computer to suffer.
- Multiplayer causes oversaturation – Due to very many multiplayers offering the same thing, it causes the game to become very tiring.
- Poor operation of servers – A lot of servers are run by corrupt admins or. Admins can quickly become possessed by the powers they may be having.
- Sometimes gets hacked – Like any other game, the clients can be hacked to give users extra abilities to trash servers.
Minecraft Windows 10
Minecraft for Windows 10 is an edition of Minecraft designed for Windows 10, featuring cross-play with players on "bedrock devices" such as Xbox One, iOS and Android phones, Nintendo Switch, and more.
Minecraft Windows 10 Pros
- Cross-platform-It allows you to play up to 8 players in the windows 10 PCs, tablets, iOS phones, and virtual reality platforms.
- It can be played on servers.
- It has live box support that comprises of achievements.
- You can play with as many as ten friends on the cross-platform.
- The gameplay van be tweaked due to the slash commands.
- Has a very good graphics because of real-time ray tracing.
- It is very cheap.
- Easy to run.
Minecraft Windows 10 Cons
- It is not much developed in terms of modes, blocks, resource packs and sometimes servers.
- You cannot connect and play with java edition players.
- Has poor shades that are not developed like those on java edition.
How to Choose
What is the Difference?
Multiplayer – Minecraft java edition stands out with an incredible community integrated with hundreds of servers. Servers are mostly hosted locally or by the third parties but are run by Mojang. It also has many modes and plugins available on the servers. Minecraft windows ten, on the other hand, cannot be played with those having Minecraft java. However, you can play up to 10 friends in the realm by logging into your Xbox Live account. The good thing about the realm is that they do not need any subscription fee, but you can join and play for free.
Modes – Minecraft java has too many modes that are very crucial for their developments. They increase the life of the game to make it better than the others. The great modes run in a very wide range that includes excellent graphics, adding more features, and coming with very new modes. The modes' main aim is to enable the players and users to use some of their creativity than just placing the game. What makes them even enjoyable is that they share it with other people and users. Minecraft Microsoft 10 on the other hand does not have plenty of mod support. It, however, has very fewer texture packs, which makes the game look different.
Controller – Minecraft java has a very lousy control system. It has very bad control support than the Minecraft Microsoft 10, even if you add numerous modes. What you need to do is connecting the Xbox 360 one controller to the computer, and you are good to go. The default controls work very well. Games can be very long than you expect, and numerous people will find the controller in hand to be efficient than using a mouse and keyboard. If your PC is a touchscreen or using a tablet, you will love the experience of using the controlling. The controlling system on the Minecraft Microsoft 10 is excellent since they did a configuration of touch controls, perfect for times when you do not have an Xbox controller in your possession or if you love playing on the touchscreen.
Price – Minecraft Java is very cheap and costs approximately $28 while the Minecraft Microsoft costs around $ 10.
Servers – They both have servers, but the only difference is the versions of the two games. However, the java edition cannot connect to the windows ten server, while windows ten cannot connect to the java edition
Graphics – The graphics depend on your PC if it is robust or not. Java edition can play very poorly on the low-end PCs while the Minecraft windows ten is created to run on just any computer or device.
Which is the right version for you?
The Minecraft Java Edition is the best game that you can purchase.
It has a very large community, the best map support, servers, and modifications that Minecraft Microsoft 10 does not support or even comes closer to supporting it.
Minecraft Microsoft 10 has a wide variety of features, controller supports, and you can play with players from different platforms, but it does not match the Minecraft java edition. The java edition has massive modes, with servers the way you want your game to look like.
If you’re looking to be a power user who wants to run lots of mods to fully customize your experience, both visually and gameplay-wise, you’ll want to get the Java Edition.
If you do not intend to mod the game much, using the Windows 10 version is a better idea.
Being a game enthusiast can be very tough especially when it comes to choosing the game to play. Minecraft Java and Minecraft Microsoft 10 are the latest games that people find very tough to select. This article has covered you, and I know it will be of great help.
-  ^ YouTube video: Minecraft Java vs Bedrock Edition - What is better?
-  ^ YouTube video: Minecraft PC vs Minecraft Windows 10 Edition COMPARISON!