Minecraft and Roblox are probably the leading the videogames sandboxes. They are very suitable and enjoyable for the children as they enable the children to create worlds and games from something similar to the digital Legos, they can examine the worlds created by other peers and can also go on tour with the friends from those they meet on the game and those in the real world.
However, the two games differ from each other immensely.
In this article, we are going to show you how the two games differ from each other, their pros and cons, and which game is good for you that you need to select.
Roblox is a free, massively multiplayer, social gaming platform where you play 3D games that were created by users.
As of August 2020, Roblox has over 164 million monthly active users, with it being played by over half of all children aged under 16 in the United States.
- Fun is guaranteed – Playing the Roblox game will guarantee you maximum pleasure. The main reason for people playing games is having fun, although in this case, it is for the kids. If a game is good, it will attract plenty of gamers, which is the case with Roblox. Playing this will ensure that you have much fun from crafting items, combating, exploring, and gathering resources.
- 3D gaming experience – Playing a game in 3D is a very great experience. Roblox games are in 3D and enable your child to have much fun while seeing the game as the reality.
- Social interaction – Roblox allows social interaction and is a very great game. You can make a list of the users you are looking forward to interacting with.
- Educational – The game offers an educational experience to the kids playing it. The game has scientific principles that allow the kids to learn physics or other sciences.
- Available for all the devices – You can play the game on the desktop, laptop, and mobile phones since there is a Roblox app on the Google play store.
- Many games to play from – It offers a variety of games that you can select and play.
- It is cheap/free – The game is free, and you do not need to pay anything but to download it.
- Make your own game – You can build your own game and play it with enjoyment.
- You cannot delete the account.
- You cannot permanently delete the Roblox account. You can just stop using it but cannot get rid of it.
- Outstanding privilege builders club members.
- It is divided into two groups; normal users and those with subscriptions. Those with subscriptions, especially the builders' ones, are given extraordinary privileges.
- Bad influence on children.
- Roblox can bring very bad influence on children. When parents forget to check their children's Roblox accounts, as it may cause bullying and abuse.
Minecraft is a sandbox video game created by Swedish game developer Markus Persson and released by Mojang in 2011. In 2014, Mojang and the Minecraft intellectual property were purchased by Microsoft for US$2.5 billion.
The game allows players to build with a variety of different blocks in a 3D procedurally generated world, requiring creativity from players.
Minecraft has been critically acclaimed, winning several awards and being cited as one of the greatest and most influential video games of all time, being inducted into the World Video Game Hall of Fame in June 2020.
- Improve thinking – Playing Minecraft will assist you with creative thinking and be able to become a good problem solver.
- Teach children how to overcome challenges – It can teach your kid how to handle and solve a challenge.
- Improves self-esteem – It makes children develop self-esteem when they complete a virtual level.
- Loss of time – If you get obsessed with the game due to its exciting nature, then you will be spending all the time playing it, thus ending up wasting a lot of your valuable time.
- Addiction – Your child can get addicted to the game. It comprises challenges and surprises hence engrossing fo the children, thus causing addiction to them.
How to Choose
What is the Difference?
Price – Minecraft is the expensive one as it costs $26.95 for the PC, while Roblox has a premium model. Roblox will let you play the games for free, but you can subscribe to the exciting stuff such as buying and trade weapons.
Ease of use – They are very challenging to play. Minecraft will not give you any instructions but has three difficulty levels. You watch videos and reading a lot to know how to play the game. Roblox, on the other hand, has two modes i.e., playing and creating. The good thing about Roblox is that it gives you instructions and a very helpful player community.
Social aspects – Both games allow multiplayer, but Minecraft is more solo to play while Roblox is very social the minute you sign in. Roblox allows friendly and chatting as part of the game; however, they involve a lot of user-generated content. You, however, need to be very careful with these interactions as your child can learn a lot of negative things.
Safety – The chat mode has brought out very inappropriate behaviors that are predatory. It has enabled the Roblox to integrate human moderators, parental controls, and more features to monitor the interactions. In contrast, Minecraft is played solo and does not need a lot of monitoring.
Friendliness – They both have a very big online following. Roblox can bring violent behaviors to the children due to their shooter, explosion and disaster variety while Minecraft will not bring any violent behavior to them since they lean more towards the hand to hand combat
Which One Should You Choose?
Minecraft is the better game among the two.
Minecraft allows you to be very creative by creating masterpieces and creative modes by using the simple blocks. It will enable you to test your thrilling skills in the survival mode in the wilderness since it involves being careful to protect yourself from monsters as you feed yourself and create an incredible house.
Minecraft will not need any internet connection to play it, unlike the Roblox that needs internet connections to play it.
Minecraft and Roblox are very great games that your child will enjoy playing at home. They are among the most popular games for the kids.
Many people confuse them as having similar traits, but they are not; each game has its features that are very different from the others.
They are both great for the children, but Roblox provides interactions that need to be monitored well since the results are always negative. Without monitoring, your child can receive inappropriate messages.
Due to the incredible qualities of Minecraft, it is our choice between the two games.
-  ^ YouTube video: Minecraft vs. Roblox: Which Is Better?
-  ^ Common Sense Media: Minecraft vs. Roblox: How These Games Stack Up for Kids